In this blog, we will guide you through the easiest way to hire react developer for your project. In addition, we will give you an overview on which is a better option- a company offering reactjs development services or freelance ReactJS developers. But the first and foremost thing is- to have a basic idea on what ReactJS is.
So, let’s get started!
What is ReactJS?
React was created by Jordan Walke and its first application was on Facebook’s newsfeed in 2011 followed by Instagram in 2012. And since that time, the requirement for ReactJS development and apps built with it has spiked exponentially. To give a more detailed insight, let’s look at the top advantages of ReactJS.
Advantages of ReactJS
The popularity of the ReactJS framework is majorly because of its emphatic benefits. We have listed a few of the major benefits below.
From Business Perspective
- The ReactJS framework has a virtual DOM (Document Object Model) which has all the attributes that are present in the node tree. A DOM refers to a structured representation of the HTML elements present in a web page or web app
- The ReactJS apps do not require a browser as they are directly rendered on the server
- It is a very cost-effective and SEO friendly framework
- Along with the established organization, ReactJS reduces the time-to-market and helps in boosting the overall productivity for any business
From Developer’s Perspective
- The public API for the ReactJS platform remains the same which makes it easier to have backward compatibility
- The ReactJS development team can use the open-source library of the framework that helps them work on new features and fix bugs
- The dedicated tools of ReactJS framework simplify the debugging process as well as allows the developers to debug the codes within the browser
- It is easier to learn and also has a concurrent mode to develop user-friendly and fast applications
- The ReactJs developers can build custom implementation
No doubt that it is one of the top-most choices for the leading organizations, when it comes to building robust apps.
After understanding benefits, we get into the core analysis which will help you hire ReactJS developers in a prudent manner.
Core analysis while hiring ReactJS developer
It is very important for the organization to be clear about its objectives. Because, it will assist them in hiring a ReactJS developer in a more authentic manner.
To know whether the ReactJS developer is ‘worth his salt’, they should have profound knowledge of the following technologies.
- Canvas Websockets
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
Must have skills in a ReactJS developer
Now this is very important. Whether you are looking to hire a freelance ReactJS developer or hire a ReactJS development agency, they must have the below mentioned skills. Moreover, the skills are divided into two major categories:
Hard skills required
- Before hiring the developer, you must know whether he/she is capable of writing clear codes. Concise codes are vital as they play an important role in the design and development of the app.
- They should be proficient with ES6, HTML/CSS. Moreover, they should also have experience in Github, unit testing and other CI/CD tools and DevOps
- Full-throttle understanding of ReactJs concept is a must. In addition, mastery over different frameworks, libraries and tools would be an added advantage.
Soft skills required
- The ReactJS developers must be comfortable in working in a team environment. Because it encompasses different aspects of software delivery and thus requires exquisite planning.
- They must be open to constructive feedback and must have the desire to learn new tools alls the time
- The ReactJS developer must be a ‘go-getter’. They should gather all the information and ensure that the end-product is customer-centric. It is vital as it helps in saving money and resources
- Up-scale problem solving skills will be an add on
Now, it’s time to understand the must-to-do tasks of a ReactJS developer to become more focused on your requirements.
Responsibility of ReactJS Developers
- Using React workflows like Redux and Context APIs and managing applications' state and functional libraries to make asynchronous API calls and generate computed data from the state
- Using mockups and wireframes to write high-quality UI code
- Boosting application performance while keeping an eye on the code at all times
- Creating interactive user interface components using the React framework
Another important factor we often tend to miss is, being well aware of the challenges one may face while hiring ReactJS developers is, being well-aware of the challenges. However, we have listed it out for your convenience-
Challenges of Hiring ReactJS Developers
React development is not easy. There are several challenges associated with hiring React developers. First, there are very few companies offering React training programs. Second, React developers are hard to find because they usually work remotely. Third, React developers are expensive. They charge more than other web developers due to the complexity of the technology.
There are more challenges you may come across while hiring react developers as discussed below-
Competition with Big Businesses
In comparison to large corporations that employ people, your startup may appear less appealing. Well-known companies typically provide superior working conditions and a large number of bonuses. Furthermore, huge corporations promote their corporate principles that attract a significant number of like-minded candidates.
You must pay a large sum in taxes for each new in-house employee. Office costs are likewise significant, particularly if your company is based in Silicon Valley or a similar region. Another cost to consider is the cost of engaging experts such as accountants and lawyers to handle all of the paperwork and legal difficulties associated with employment.
Problems with management
Working with freelancers can be difficult due to the inability to discuss some issues in person, time zone variations, and a lack of human interaction.
Lack of Qualified Candidates in Your Area
If you don't reside in a megacity with a lot of educational institutions, you can feel like there aren't enough qualified people in your area. One solution is to offer migration from another city; however, convincing people to relocate to smaller communities is typically challenging.
Low Motivation and Engagement
People who work on the same project together have a stronger bond than those who work on the same project afar. Your motivation increases when you can see the effects of your group's efforts. Because of a lack of communication, many self-employed people in the United States suffer from long-term depression. Working with unmotivated employees is detrimental to your company's success.
People might be inventive in their job search. Some freelancers falsify their CVs and inflate their experience to deceive employers. It's difficult to validate a candidate if you don't have any technical knowledge. To validate candidates, one alternative is to use a reputable third party with a technical background.
While there are such challenges that may occur at the time of hiring, there are advantages too for each of the cases- hiring a freelancer and an agency. Let’s have a look.
When you should opt for a freelance ReactJS developer?
Hiring a freelance ReactJS developer depends on the plethora of things. Be it the complexity of your project or the budget, you need to define everything before you opt for a freelance developer. Here are a few things you should look into.
- If you have experience in working with freelancers before and you feel you are comfortable, hire a freelance developer
- As mentioned above, if your project has a limited scope with minimal bug fixes, employing a freelance ReactJS developer would be a good thing
- Freelancers mostly work from remote places. Therefore, if you don’t have problems in scheduling meetings with people from different time zones, freelancing is a good choice
Advantages of hiring freelance ReactJS developers
There are certain benefits that your organization would get if you hire freelance ReactJS developers. They are:
- You have to only pay according to the hours the freelancers have devoted to your work. Moreover, you are not responsible for supplying them with a workplace or pay for their vacation time.
- It becomes easier for the business organizations to find an expert developer within their budget.
- Opting for freelance developers also gives you an access to large pool of talent across the globe
Disadvantages of hiring freelance ReactJS developers
On the flip side, there are some challenges that business organizations face when they hire a freelance ReactJs developer. They are:
- There are high chances of freelancers cheating on their CVs in order to get the job. Thus, it is important for the hiring managers to do a concrete fact check about their technical prowess. You should not go ahead without verifying their technical background
- As freelancers work from remote places, there are seldom chances that they would fall in your time zones. This might create a ruckus in managing and coordinating with them
- Believe it or not, but it becomes difficult to maintain a level of motivation in the freelancers during the project. It is difficult to find self-motivated freelancers. Thus, there might be a possibility of your project getting delayed
When you should opt to hire a ReactJS development agency?
If you have a long-term project that involves complex working, hiring a ReactJS development agency becomes a better choice. In addition, the agency will have all the required resources under one roof making the communication process simple.
- With an agency, you will get access to the best minds. The experts cannot only help you validate your idea but will suggest things that can improve the product
- An agency can be your reliable development partner as they’ll also deal with the management process themselves
- You should go for a ReactJS development agency if your project requires multiple specific developments.
If you decide to go with an agency, make sure that you choose one that has a proven track record of delivering high quality work. Look at their portfolio and ask for references. Make sure that the team you hire understands the technology stack you use. They should also be able to provide you with detailed estimates for each project.
Advantages of hiring a ReactJS development Agency
There are many standout things that make a ReactJS development agency the right choice for ReactJS development. We have listed a few below for your benefit.
- If you have an experienced development agency by your side, you don’t have to worry about the delivery process. These agencies employ a streamlined process as they deal with a myriad of clients on a daily basis.
- They work according to the requirement of the client. For example, if you wish to complete your project quickly, the agencies will deploy a specific team for it. Moreover, you always get a scalable ReactJS development team with an agency
- The onboarding process takes time in the agency. Even then, tons of time can be saved as an agency will only give you an experienced team
- The technical prowess of a ReactJS development agency is of the highest order. Thus, it will help you develop robust and scalable products and keep you ahead of your peers.
Disadvantages of hiring a ReactJS development agency
Now it is time to look at the hurdles that a company faces when they hire a ReactJS development agency.
- Consistent and proper communication is the basic perquisite to develop a good website or app. If there is an instance of loss of communication, the entire project can go haywire. Even an iota of miscommunication would mean that the desired objective of the product is not achieved
- There might be an instance where the agency would charge you more as compared to a freelancer. Thus, you need to look at the scope of your project before hiring a ReactJS development agency
- In case you are opting for an offshore development agency; time differences might be a hurdle. Although in today’s interconnected world, agencies work 24*7, thus the hurdles of time difference are managed easily
- Make sure that the development agency understands your requirements before they begin the development process. Because, meticulous understanding enhances the performance of the product.
Cost to hire ReactJS developers
An interesting fact- if you are looking to hire ReactJS developers from local markets, be sure to spend a fortune. Thus, to save you from this, we have listed the cost to hire ReactJS developers by keeping all aspects in mind.
|Country||Yearly Average||Hourly average rate|
|United States||$10000- $125000||$50-$60|
In addition, the price of the ReactJS developers depend on their experience and the complexity of the project. Moreover, it depends on the cost of living of their geographic location.
The range of rates also depend on whether you are hiring freelance ReactJS developers or opting for ReactJS development agency.
Cost to hire ReactJS development agency
- United States: $65-$70
- Australia: $40-$45
- Eastern Europe: $22-$27
- Western Europe: $37-$42
- India: $20-$25
Cost to hire freelance ReactJS developers
- Asia: $47-$50/hour
- United States: $65-$72/hour
- Australia: $68-$72/hour
- Europe: $55-$65/hour
We are a team of expert developers, testers and business consultants who strive to deliver nothing but the best. Planning to build a completely secure and efficient React app? 'Hire ReactJS Developers'.
There are chances where hiring a ReactJS developer would take you places across the globe. Given their demand and popularity, finding a ReactJS developer might become a tedious process. As a business organization, you need to define your needs and wants before opting to hire ReactJS developers. Clear thinking will help you choose the best from the talent pool you have.
Build World-Class Reactjs App at Competitive Rates
We prioritize value over cost. Our business consultants in the US and development teams in India work together to ensure your business needs are met with maximum ROI.Get Free Estimation For Your Project