The adoption of mobile e-learning has increased significantly over the past few years. The outbreak of the pandemic has given it a further boost. The global e-learning industry was worth $315 billion in 2021 and is set to reach $1 trillion by 2028 as stated in a recent market report.
Elearning is no longer limited to taking only academic courses but has become widespread - starting from learning photography to coding. No wonder businesses are adopting the idea of e-learning mobile app development at a growing rate. There are over 500 million mobile learning apps around the globe and a lot of new entrants are there making the mobile learning application market more competitive with each passing year.
While the e-learning mobile app development has emerged as a lucrative idea for many startups and growing businesses, the competition in this sector has become quite fierce in nature. You need to know the right steps and take the right approach to launch a competitive mobile e-learning app in 2022.
Wondering how and from where to start? Well, we are going to walk you through a detailed guide on the top e-learning mobile app features in 2022 and all you need to know.
Global Market of Mobile Learning Application
The global market of mobile learning applications has emerged as a highly potential sector in the current years. The global e-learning industry has grown by 900% since 2000 and mobile e-learning has a significant contribution to that.
To give you a better picture, 71% of the millennial learners claimed to prefer mobile learning more than other forms of learning and the number is about to surge further. And not only this, there are over 6.3 billion smartphone users around the globe, while on average an American checks his/her phone 262 times in a day!
Undoubtedly, e-learning mobile app development is one of the most effective ways to target the majority of the audience across the world. The mobile apps are expected to generate $935 billion in revenue by 2023 globally and if you are from the e-learning industry, then now is the best time to go for e-learning mobile app development. To give you more detailed information about mobile e-learning apps, we are going to discuss the essential features of the top e-learning apps.
Top Mobile Learning Apps and Their Features
Below we have listed the top apps for e-learning and their essential features for your knowledge.
1. Google Classroom
With more than 150 million users, Google Classroom is a leading mobile e-learning app. This app lets you easily create online classes, take assessment tests, and distribute various courses, study materials, and others to help you offer effective mobile e-learning solutions to the students.
If you have a Google account, you can easily get started with this app without paying anything. In this era of mobile e-learning and the rising adoption of the ‘new normal’, Google Classroom has opened the path to provide quality e-learning solutions without doing heavy investments. Another important facility this app offers is easy integration with various Google applications such as Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and others.
Features of Google Classroom
Here we have listed the top features of the Google Classroom app -
- It lets the users organize all the e-learning materials, classes, and assignments easily through a few button clicks.
- This app not only lets the students view their assignments, study materials of various formats, and others systematically, but also saves the study materials in Google Drives automatically.
- It offers high safety and security to protect the users’ data, content, and other important information.
- The app stands out from the crowd by offering an ad-free mobile e-learning environment to its students.
See More: How to Write a Mobile App Business Plan
With over 500 million registered users and 42 million monthly active users, Duolingo is one of the most popular mobile learning apps. Not only does it have 95 various courses in 38 languages, but it’s equipped with a lot of mobile e-learning content and offerings such as skills strengthening courses, a broad range of fully organized and progressive online lessons, and multiple skills targeting, to name a few. Let’s have a look at its top features.
Features of Duolingo
- It offers a wide variety of skill-testing assessments such as writing what you hear, filling in the blanks, and translations, to name a few.
- It has dedicated vocab lessons that let you match various words with the respective images.
- Duolingo has in-built tools like crowdsourced discussion threads, hover text, incorrect answer explanation prompts, and others.
- It is equipped with an easy-to-track progress feature for its users.
- The app comes with rewards, points, and others to encourage mobile e-learning further.
This award-winning mobile e-learning app has garnered wide popularity for its easy mobile e-learning solutions. Equipped with micro learning, 80+ innovative and interactive templates, and compact courses, EdApp is often the first choice for online learners. Not only does it have an average knowledge retention rate of 70-90%, but an average microlearning course completion rate of 82%. Below are some of the top features of EdApp.
Features of EdApp
- It comes with an advanced LMS (Learning Management System) to ensure flexible learning.
- Offers gamification of training to make mobile e-learning all fun.
- EdApp has an in-built Spaced Repetition Strategy to offer an advanced learning experience.
- It offers its users a system-automated quiz named Brain Boost.
- It is equipped with a dedicated dashboard for the key learning metrics.
WizIQ is another emerging name among the top apps for e-learning. Not only does it offer a competitive LMS, but it also has in-built authoring tools to let you have your own customizable mobile e-learning courses.
Some of the top advantages of this app include simple to access courses, an easy learning curve and app roadmap, and excellent communication & support facility. Now let's see the top features of this app.
Features of WizIQ
- Offers an impactful analytical tool to assess the progress of your mobile e-learning.
- Comes with a highly customizable mobile e-learning portal.
- Lets you easily set up virtual classrooms through its live classes.
- Let's you have multiple teacher accounts.
- Offers a secure cloud-based content library.
EduBrite is a well-known name among the best apps for e-learning. Equipped with self-paced certification and other diverse types of mobile e-learning courses, EduBrite is often the inspiration for e-learning mobile app development. This app supports a wide range of mobile e-learning content formats and materials such as video, audio, other document formats, etc. Here’s an overview of its top features.
Features of EduBrite
- Comes with a professional onboarding solution.
- Edubrite is equipped with a competitive feature that allows course creation and training for employees, students, customers, and others.
- Offers easy integration with the video-sharing & monetization platforms Vimeo and YouTube.
- Provides its end-users with accessible and customized training.
The demand for apps for e-learning is rising high and with that e-learning mobile app development is getting more popular than ever. With a lot of leading mobile learning apps as well as the new entrants striving to capture the market share, it has become even more important to do research before you start. The above guide about the key features of the top mobile learning applications will help you get clarity before you get started.
If you are looking for a professional app or product development solution, then Third Rock Techkno is the right place to go. Our professional experienced teams for diverse product development services bring out the best in every product they develop. Take a look at our latest portfolio and drop us a line to get started.